Saturday, January 24, 2009

unsettled

Today was an exceptionally strange day for me. I spent the majority of the day with this overbearing sense of anxiety. There is no reason I could think of as to why I felt this way. The day was in reality, quite wonderful. I slept in. I spent a significant amount of time relaxing, reading, and listening to records in my room. I was able to meet up with a few close friends and get some quality time with them, and ended the day at a show with some of my favorite local bands. Normally I would be able to fall asleep, satisfied with how my day played out, and at peace with my interactions and accomplishments. Something, though, defeated the pleasant reality of my day, and left me with a poor taste in my mouth. I can't properly describe what consumed me today, but it felt as though I had some deadline hanging over my head, or a sort of grievance with an individual that went unresolved.

I'm sure this all sounds depressing, and hopeless. I just need to figure out how to reconcile what I felt today. I need to get on my bike and ride a bit.